Plant Based "Egg" Salad
Finally! For those of you waiting for this Plant Based “Egg” Salad recipe, thank you for your patience. To be honest, I measure mostly in pinches and dashes and couldn’t remember how much of anything I put in this! The before picture (swipe to see), helped though. I think I may need to do that more often, if not for your benefit but for mine.
Here ya go! This makes 3-4 large sandwiches. Double recipe if you are meal prepping and want to have in the fridge to grab and go throughout the week. *All veggies are optional, pick and choose what you want in yours or add them all!
• 1 can chickpeas (drained, rinsed, mashed with fork in bowl prior to adding other ingredients)
• 1/3 cup vegan mayo (add more by the tablespoon at the end if you find it dry)
• 1/4 cup dill chopped (this is a lot, I like dill a lot. Maybe you don’t, use less)
• 1 carrot shredded
• 1 celery stalk, quartered length wise and then chopped
• 2 green onions chopped
• 1 pickle chopped
• 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
• 1/2 to 1 tsp black salt (this give you your egg-y flavour, I found mine at an Asian supermarket. Also available on Amazon)
• 1/2 tsp turmeric
• pepper to taste
• drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice
No fact instructions, just mix it together! Enjoy!